Conference Rules and Regulations
(1) General Provisions
- The LEAF 2022 International Conference on Criminal and Strategic Analysis will be held on October 26-28, 2022, within the framework of the project Strengthening of law enforcement agencies and justice system institutions in the area of strategic and operational criminal analysis that will support identification, fight and prevention of corruption and economic crime, co-financed by the Norwegian Financial Mechanism under the program “Home Affairs” – International Police Cooperation and Combating Crime (PA20).
- The Conference is organized by the Central Anti-Corruption Bureau.
- the official website of the Conference is: leaf2022.com/en
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the program and Conference Rules and Regulations and undertakes to publish updated information on leaf2022.com.
- The provisions of these Regulations are an integral part of the Conference Application and apply to all Participants.
- In the event of cancellation of the Conference or change of its formula to online due to epidemic constraints, the Organizer undertakes to notify registered Participants of this fact by e-mail no later than 3 days before the scheduled start date of the Conference.
(2) Participation in the Conference
- The condition for eligibility to participate in the Conference is to complete and register the registration form available on the Conference website.
- Registration requires providing personal data of the Participant, i.e. name, surname, e-mail address and additional information necessary for the proper organization of the Conference.
- There are two forms of participation in the Conference:
– passive participation (Conference participant/attendee)- under which you are entitled to participate in the Conference; a passive participant is also a person registered as an active participant of the Conference who is a co-author of the lecture, but does not actually present it;
– active participation (Conference speaker) – a Participant who has been invited by the Organizer to present a lecture and who has fulfilled all the conditions of participation from item 4 below. Within the framework of active participation, the Participant is entitled to participate in the Conference, the opportunity to deliver the submitted paper in the form of an oral presentation and, upon request, a certificate of participation in the Conference in electronic form.
- An active participant of the Conference may be an adult individual invited by the Organizer to present a lecture. The number of Active Participants is limited to 30 people.
- Passive Participant of the Conference may be an adult, natural person. The number of Passive Participants is limited to 200 people.
- Participation of Passive Participants is determined by the order of application
- in order to become an Active Participant of the Conference, the following conditions must be met together:
- application for participation through the registration form, available at www.leaf2022.com;
- acceptance by the Organizer of the topic and abstract of the prepared lecture; acceptance is made by the Merit Committee;
- reception of an e-mail message from the Organizer confirming registration.
- in case of lack of information confirming registration within 48 hours after registration, one should contact the Organizer by sending a message to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- at the request of the Participant, the Organizer may – at the request of the Participant – issue him/her with a certificate of participation in the Conference in electronic form.
(3) Conference rules
- The deadline for online registration for active participation in the Conference is September 16, 2022. After this date, online registration will be unavailable unless the Organizer extends the registration deadline. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse registration.
- The deadline for online registration of passive participation in the Conference is September 16, 2022. After this date, online registration will be unavailable unless the Organizer extends the registration deadline. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse registration if the limit of Conference Participants is exhausted.
- The Organizer determines the Conference program and has the right to make changes to it, also on the day of the Conference, including the right to change the time schedule and order of speeches.
- The Organizer is not responsible for technical or organizational problems of the Participants related to the participation in the Conference arising from causes beyond its control, in particular, the functioning of Internet connections on the part of the Participants.
- The Participant is fully responsible for all materials and information presented by him during the Conference. The Participant is obliged to ensure that all statements and presentations made by him during the Conference do not violate the law, or the rights or personal property of third parties.
- The participant undertakes to comply with these Regulations, social rules, instructions and organizational and technical instructions of the Organizer.
- Participation in the Conference is free of charge.
- resignation by the Participant from participation in the Conference may be made only by sending information to the e-mail address email@example.com. no later than 5 days before the date of the Conference.
(4) Consent to use of image
- During the Conference, the Organizer may conduct photographic sessions and filming of the Conference due to the documentary, promotional and reporting duties undertaken in connection with the project Strengthening of law enforcement agencies and justice system institutions in the area of strategic and operational criminal analysis that will support identification, fight and prevention of corruption and economic crime.
- Participation in the Conference constitutes free of charge, unlimited in terms of quantity, time and territory consent to the gratuitous use, processing, reproduction and multiple, dissemination of the participant’s image captured in the photographs taken during the Conference without the need for their approval each time. The photographs will utilised in informational, promotional and advertising purposes of the Conference. The above consent is tantamount to the fact that photographs and recordings taken during the Conference may be posted on the Internet, including primarily on the Conference website at http://leaf2022.com, as well as open, closed and social networking sites Facebook, Instagram, etc.
(5) Personal data
- The administrator of personal data of Participants is the Organizer.
- Personal data provided by the Participant is treated as confidential information and is used only for the purpose of communication between the Participant and the Conference Organizer.
- The Organizer shall take all appropriate security measures in accordance with the provisions of the law, as well as generally accepted principles to protect the confidentiality of information.
(6) Final provisions
- By registering via the registration form, the Conference Participant confirms that he/she has read the Rules and Regulations and accepts their provisions.
- The participant of the Conference confirms by registering through the registration form that he/she agrees to the free use of his/her image, voice, speech, recorded during the Conference. If you do not agree to the use of the image of the Participant, the Participant is obliged to inform by electronic means of communication about the lack of consent for image recording no later than the first day after the end of the Conference.
- Any disputes that may arise from participation in the Conference will be settled by the court having jurisdiction over the seat of the Organizer.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations shall apply the provisions of the Polish Civil Code.
- The Regulations shall come into force on July 25, 2022.